Friday, July 17, 2009

renewed & refreshed!

Wow, has it really been 2 weeks since I've written here? Sorry! I do have an excuse for the past week though. I've been in Louisville with my buddy Faith (& 2500 other women!) at the Presbyterian Women's Churchwide Gathering. What a wonderful time we had! There were incredible speakers, workshops, music (I even sang in the gathering choir!). It was 4 1/2 days of nonstop fun, learning, worshiping..... & I'm sooooo tired! We squeezed in a visit with Faith's mom & her family & they were so welcoming & kind to me. Oh, & my mom was at the Gathering too! Here she is with her buddies......
Don't you just love their shirts? The gathering shirts were so boring, white with the logo at the top..... so they tie dyed theirs! They came out so cute. Faith & I dyed ours an aqua blue, but not tie dyed, just one color. They looked pretty good too.
I also had the chance to catch up with 2 dear old friends from Ohio.... Mary & Sara. It was so great to spend time with them & hear about their wonderful families & other friends from back "Home".

So it's back to reality now! I need to get Allyson's afghan done, here it is with 80 granny squares before I left. 2 more rows & some borders & it'll be done!

I can't believe how the summer is flying by!

1 comment:

meetmeatmikes said...

Oh! I love the Afghan and I SUPER love those tie-dyed shirts! So cute!! x