Thursday, September 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Sis!

Happy Birthday to my sweet baby sister, Diane!
I sent her this tablerunner last week & the cheater opened it early! I hope she enjoys it. After I got these fabrics home & studied them a bit, I realized why I like them so much.... the colors remind me of our childhood! My mom wallpapered our (TINY) bathroom with giant polka dots in these colors in the 60s..... orange, green, brown.... & I remember her Christmas stocking that year was filled with bathroom towels & washclothes in those same colors! Ahhhhh the 60s. She painted our kitchen cabinets that lovely green too! Those were the days....


Anyways, here is my beautiful sister (with her dog, Luke)

I have to tell you, she is an incredible woman. Not only does she take care of her house & her hubby (& Luke!), She works a full time job and GOES TO COLLEGE! You might have figured out by now that both of us are a tad past the normal age for college. I am so very proud of her & all that she is accomplishing!

Way to go Di! I miss you

Meanwhile, back at Ellyn's Place, there's been a bit of rearranging going on. Allyson is decorating the gameroom (I know, she's a bit like the energizer bunny! She just goes & goes). So, part of her decorating involves stealing my bookcases from my sewing room! What to do, what to do? Oh, I know! Buy new ones! Bigger, better & REDDER ones! Yes, I know, I have way too many quilt magazines, craft books, etc. But I can't bear to throw them away! They are all organized now by title, in chronological order. Neat & tidy! I almost hate to go in there & mess things up... Oh, & my duck pond quilt finally made it onto the wall! It makes me smile....
Have a wonderful day!



No comments: