Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween costume

Allyson has put me to work making some fancy, creative costumes over the years. She was Cinderella the year we went to Disney (the waitress at the Character Breakfast said "oh Cinderella, did your royal seamstress make your gown?" Ummm, yes. That would be me, the royal seamstress). One year she was a fairy, complete with silk flowers in her mesh skirt. A green witch.... I could go on & on. But I do believe this year's creation takes the cake!


It involves every possible type of material, all of it pink. A fancy net tutu..... a reversible cape, complete with ribbon ties and a feather boa (ever try to hand stitch a feather boa to the bottom of a cape? Not something I care to repeat!)
A magic wand of course! With sparkly ribbons....
but alas, it seems too plain. hmmmm. Oh! I know what it needs! Glitter!

I promise to share pictures of the completed ensemble tomorrow. See you then!

3 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I can't wait to see it finished! It may be an inspiration for next year's Halloween costume for my PunkiePie!

Maria said...

Cannot wait to see the finished costume. I bet it will look great.

Lisa said...

Can't wait to see it finished! Hey your blog layouts changed around!