Monday, October 19, 2009

International Quilt Festival, 2009

I'm home! My legs are tired, my wallet is empty & my head is full of new ideas..... all I need now is TIME! Here are a few of my pictures of the lovely quilts from Festival....


Early on the first day we saw this lovely quilt. This is just one of 16 blocks, look at the detail! The whole quilt was like a big dollhouse, so much to look at. We were all oooohing & aaaaahing..... when up walked Yasuko Ito, from Japan, squealing... "there's my quilt! there's my quilt!" She was so excited! She had come all the way from Japan to see her quilt in the show. It was so much fun to meet her & tell her how much we loved her work. Here she is....
The quality of all of the quilts was amazing. I wondered if I would really see a difference from some of the other shows (Dallas, Plano) that I have been to. The answer is YES! These were amazing!

I thought this next quilt would look so lovely in my family room! It was made by Susan Nelson from Minnesota...
I knew my Dad & my son would love this quilt! The 7 panels make up Fenway Park! We are huge baseball fans in our family. It was made by Bobbie Sulivan from, yes you guessed it, Massachusetts.


This is the quilt that won Best of Show! It was made by Caryl Bryer Fallert from Paducah, KY. The detail in the quilt is absolutely amazing!

Next post I will share with you some of my shopping finds! Oh & stories about my experience at Make It University! So much to tell.....

2 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Beauties!

Lisa said...

Wow those quilts are so detailed, so beautiful.