Saturday, February 20, 2010

odds and ends

I finished up my quilt for the mini quilt swap. I hope my swap partner enjoys it! I had a lot of fun adding some embellishments to it. It measures about 24 inches square. Oh, & I actually quilted it on my machine.... something I'm not very experienced at but it turned out just fine. Something else I've been doing is crocheting up lots of little dishcloths, using up all of the cotton yarn in my stash. (ok, I confess, I bought some more the other day! but the colors are so pretty...) They are just so quick to whip up & easy to transport & work on in waiting rooms, carpool lines, etc. I especially love the striped one!
My pretty Amy Butler tunic is all done.... except for the buttonholes. I can't seem to get my buttonholer working right. I know it's user error, I have something set wrong, but darned if I can figure it out! I really want to wear the tunic though, so I need to make the buttonholes somehow. I might just have to resort to the old fashioned way!

What have you been making lately?

1 comment:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Very nice Ellyn. Love the mini quilt and I'm sure your partner will too!