Thursday, June 24, 2010

a cupcake kinda day

Last weekend we saw Toy Story 3! Ally has a special fondness for the little alien guys. Yesterday she created them in fondant! It's been a rough week for her. She had some oral surgery on Tuesday & has been down for the count. I was glad she had some energy yesterday & wanted to decorate cupcakes. Check out this baby dinosaur...
and a stack of cupcakes! What fun.

While she was decorating, I stitched up the first 12 blocks for Steve's college quilt. 12 more blocks are halfway done & should be finished today. I am making the Sea Glass pattern from the latest McCalls Quick Quilts magazine. I had been looking for the perfect pattern to make for him & when I saw this one I really liked it. I think it will be the perfect guy quilt...

Oh & a note to all my local pals.... Steve will be emceeing on the second stage at Celebration park tomorrow night..... drop by & say hello!



7 comments:

Maria said...

Sorry you have been underthe weather with your month Ally. Oh those cupcakes are so cute.

Love the colours in Steves quilt.

Anonymous said...

Great looking blocks! We'd love to see a photo of your finished quilt. Just email to mcq@creativecraftsgroup.com and maybe we can print it on our Quilter to Quilter page sometime!
Kathy Patterson
Senior Editor
McCall's Quilting/Quick Quilts

Sewjoe said...

Thanks for the reminder about Steve! I totally forgot. Don't you just love summer! I have really enjoyed working on my projects. I guess it does a person good to be housebound for a few days.

Lisa said...

Love those Aliens! They're my fave from the movies too. Cant wait to take Bella to see the new one. Hope Ally is feeling better, cupcakes are sure to get her spirits up... cupcakes cure everything :-)

Keith said...

The Alien cakes are BRILLIANT.

Sally said...

I love the cupcakes! Ally did a brilliant job (I thought they were just little plastic attachments until I read your text!)

I love the start of Steve's quilt, too. I may have to look up that magazine so that I can consider making something similar.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

The quilt is going to be perfect! Can't wait to see it finished. the cupcakes are way too cute too!