Thursday, June 16, 2011

House block challenge complete!

Last week I shared this block with you & told you about a challenge I had taken. I want to tell you what became of my block. First of all, it came to me in the middle of the night (does this happen to everyone? Please say yes!) that my house needed to become a....


The first thing I put on my block was this:



To which Ally said "right Mom, because all you old ladies ride your bikes to the quilt shop!" umm excuse me? Oh well, I quickly forgave her for her old lady remark. Someday she'll be old too & she'll understand the way we think. Maybe. I hope.




Anyways, I worked very hard on my house/quilt shop block for several days. Adding little details here and there, a bird in the clouds, a quilt hanging on the wall (which I hear could be mistaken for a window. Either way, it works for me).







Sandy shared her house block tonight at Quilt Guild too, so cute! I promise to get a picture of it to share with you in the next couple of days. Diann seemed to enjoy our finished blocks (after we tortured her all night & wouldn't show her until Show 'n Tell which is LAST!)

5 comments:

Maria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maria said...

You did a great job of the house block Ellyn. Just love your quilt shop. Pleased Ally said bike not broom. LOL

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

It's a WONDERFUL block! You did a beautiful job on it, Ellyn!

Melissa said...

This turned out great Ellyn! Such a fun block now. And, yes, ideas totally come to me in the middle of the night - I keep a pad of paper on my nightstand just in case I need to write it down so I won't forget it and can go back to sleep! :>)

Chris Hoang said...

You did a great job of the house block Ellyn. Just love your quilt shop. Pleased Ally said bike not broom. LOL