Monday, June 24, 2013

my neighborhood

A group of us are swapping house blocks to make Cluck Cluck Sew's Suburbs pattern....

The swap is not until September, but I bought my fabrics last week and next thing I knew, 40 houses had been constructed, 5 of each of these....
 I hope my swap partners are not too shocked by the bright, cheerful houses I am bringing to the mix! Since I double stitched the corners of the rooftops, I ended up with 80 half square triangle blocks when my neighborhood was finished....
 I trimmed them up to 3 inches square. By the end of Saturday, I had made 64 of them into a 20 inch pillow cover....

 with a happy spotty back...
 my new favorite way to finish up a pillow back, it's two pieces overlapping. The top piece bound in a contrasting fabric with a little bit of ric rac poking out.....
I'm afraid it will be a long time before you see my neighborhood all assembled. I am, however, happy to have these blocks done and ready for my friends.

5 comments:

Sally said...

I love your bright houses! I wish I were so on the ball as to have something done that wasn't needed until September!

That's great that you were able to make a pillow cover with the leftover hst's!

Maria said...

You are organised my friend..
I LOVE your bright houses...

Melissa said...

I really like the bright happy colors! Way to go getting these done already!!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Love the happy neighborhood you created! Love the pillow too.

Trae Flesher said...

You're killing me! I think you must be part machine! They look great by the way. I have picked out 4 of the fabrics that I am going to use...that's a start, right?