Monday, April 14, 2014

little things

Hello friends. Yes, I know I've been a slacky blogger. One of those darned spring colds hit me last week and I was as lazy as can be! Ok, enough excuses. One day I did get it in my head I needed to play around with a tumbler template that I've had for ages. I dug out a charm pack of Wishes and put together this little topper....

 Cute, huh? Maybe it will become a pillow. Or a mini. Not sure just yet, but it was fun and easy to do. I also put my new paper piecing skills to good use one day and created this pincushion for an upcoming swap....
The pattern is in the book Patchwork Please and I just love it! It was fun and quick to do. There are several more paper piecing patterns in that same book that I plan to try out soon.

That's about it from here, pretty pathetic, I know! But, I am feeling better and will have more to share soon. I promise!

What have you been making lately?

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Hope you're all better now! Looking forward to our inspiration day! :>)

Maria said...

Pleased to see you pop up. Was just sitting here thinking about you and wondering how you were feeling.nice to read you are feeling better.
Oh I do LOVE that PP pincushion... And the tumbler blocks looks nice and cheery.

Unknown said...

Lovely pincushion, and so pleased I discovered your blog. I am at home, was too sick to go to work and just about managed to lift my head off the pillow mid afternoon. Colds in Spring are the worst.

Sally said...

I've been wanting to make that pincushion, but have just never seemed to be in the mood for it… yet! Yours is so adorable!