Monday, February 16, 2015

a bee block

Before I left home 2 weeks ago, I packed up what I would need to make a bee block for my sweet friend Joy. I knew it would need to be done while I was away. Joy gave us a square of grunge for the center of her block and asked us to do something with it that would remind her of us. I decided to embroider my block since I love to embroider and it gave me some hand work to do while I am away.
 Some of my favorite things! Sewing, hot tea, baseball and cherries. I also brought some scraps from home to piece the rest of her block....
It was fun to put it all together today. I hope Joy likes what I've done. And I can't wait to see what the other bee members come up with!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Just gorgeous.. The lovely stitcheries look fabulous with the nice bright scrappy borders framed in the black.