Thursday, February 26, 2015

The New Hexagon

My sweet friend Chantal has been leading a sew-along at Stitched With Love the last few months. The ladies are all making the hexagon blocks in Katja Marek's awesome book, The New Hexagon...
 Last week I got news that Chantal is moving away (boo...) and I was asked to step in and lead the sew-along beginning in April. Yes! I was thrilled and honored to be asked. I got my hands on the book and some fabric (thanks Joy!) and started working on blocks right away. I have some catching up to do!

I chose the Sun Prints line by Alison Glass for my fabric. Three blocks are done so far....
 I love how each block uses different shapes to make up a three inch hexagon. Here's block one, made up of hexies and diamonds....
Block two from triangles...
and block three, a hex, kites and triangles. This one was tricky!
Block four is ready to stitch today. These are so much fun! If you're local to the shop, I hope you'll consider joining us in this fun stitch-along!

3 comments:

Chantal said...

Your hexes look fantastic Ellyn. I love how colorful they are! Great job!

Maria said...

Even though I am not a lover of PP I do love those beautiful ones..
What a shame I live so far away and can't source the book or papers to be able to join in.
I am sure you will have heaps of fun playing with these Ellyn.

Melissa said...

These are so cute - how FUN to create such varied hexies!