Monday, August 17, 2015

Plano Quilt Show

On Friday I went with my buddies to the Plano Quilt Show. We're so lucky that this fabulous annual show is only a few minutes away from where we live! I love to go every year. It's a smallish show, so it's manageable in a couple of hours. The quilts never disappoint and there are terrific vendors too. I will confess to having spent some money along the way!

Here is the quilt that one Best of Show. It's called Baltimore in Bloom and was made by Sally Magee. Her appliqué work is fantastic! This, my friends, is something I will NEVER tackle! So glad there are wonderful quilters like Sally who do.
One thing I've noticed is that there are more and more modern quilts appearing in the show each year. Yay! Here are a few that I especially liked:
Shannon Page had several quilts in the show, but I especially liked this one. I love the little flecks of color scattered throughout the background. They look like confetti to me!


Geometric Transparency was made by Cheryl Isbell. I've been intrigued by the transparency quilts popping up on the internet and thought her quilt captured the concept especially well.


This quilt is called "Jeff" and was made by Ileana Salzer, a quilter I know from our bring n brag days. I thought it was really fun, but I couldn't help but wonder why she called it Jeff? Hmmm I'll have to ask Ileana next time I see her.

Do you have any good quilt shows near where you live?

No comments: