Wednesday, September 2, 2015

swapping with a friend

I love to swap! Instagram swaps are fun (I just popped one in the mail yesterday! As soon as it arrives at it's new home I'll share it with you.) but swapping with friends is better yet. Friends really "get you" do you know what I mean?

Yesterday my friend Mahriam and I swapped minis to hang in our sewing space. We haven't known each other for a really long time, but are kindred spirits when it comes to our sewing. We have the same loves, same creative process. I knew I would love whatever Mahriam made for me... and I was right! Check it out....

the medallions are all English paper pieced, from Diane Gilleland's book, All Points Patchwork.  I really need to get this book! Mahriam's EPP skills are through the roof & this gorgeous mini will be very happy hanging in my studio! And it will make me happy every day.

Here's the mini I made for Mahriam. I've really been loving adding foundation paper pieced words to my quilts lately. And I love the Hello Darling fabric.... the orange grunge background is a little outside my box. Luckily Mahriam loved it!

this is my first ever dresden, made using the Piccadilly Circus pattern by Thimbleblossoms... not perfect but not terrible, right? I enjoyed making it so much. Do you like to swap?

2 comments:

Maria said...

Oh my both of you have made amazing minis for each other.....

Three Owls Handmade said...

I love my mini so much!!!! Such a fun swap. Thank you!