Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Paint chip challenge

Last month at our McKinney Modern Quilt Guild meeting, we each selected three random paint chips from a paper bag and pledged to make something before the next meeting. Last night we shared our completed projects and, despite some odd color combos, the results were beautiful! Here are the colors I selected...

Not a bad assortment, but the values are all the same. I knew if I used only those three I would have very little contrast. I added in a white grunge so my colors would pop.
And here's my finished mini! It's a pattern from Love Patchwork and Quilting that had caught my eye. Great fun to put together. I did some simple straight line quilting on my machine.  A fun challenge to begin the new year! Last night we received a new challenge and I can't wait to dive in!

5 comments:

Catherine said...

I love how your mini turned out! Is the piecing improv or were there specific dimensions for them? (I suppose I could find my issue of the magazine and read the article to find out!)

Ondrea said...

OOO I do love that mini! Clever you.

Maria said...

It's such fun doing a paint chip challenge. Love the mini you made with your colours.....
What is this month's challenge?

Chantal said...

It's a lovely mini Ellyn! You did a great job as always.

Debbie said...

Very fun!