Thursday, February 16, 2017

MQG Mini Swap

Now that Sandi has received the mini I made her in the Modern Quilt Guild  mini swap, I am happy to share it here with you! This was the MQGs first swap and I was happy to be a part of it.

My graph paper notebook has been getting a real workout lately. As usual, that's where my ideas for Sandi's mini started. She had said she liked alternate gridwork, solids and low volume so that was my jumping off point.
I've been having some fun with wonky churn dashes for a while now, and I decided to explore these a little more. The small churn dashes in this mini are only 3" square!

Once I had it all pieced, I machine quilted with some straight line grids...
Then I added some big stitch triangles here and there...
I had a lot of fun with this one! I hope you enjoy it Sandi!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh I like so much about this!

Ondrea said...

How clever! Wonky churn dashes are a great idea too. You are so creative. Beautiful work.