Friday, December 29, 2017

2017 the year of the dresden

2017 was a fun year in my studio! As usual, it took me places I didn't expect and I learned so much. If I had to name my year, it would be the year of the dresden. The year kicked off with the creation of my funky dresden....
Which evolved into a tutorial and instagram sew along (my first!) which was lots of fun....
Dresden play continued and found it's way into my Riley Blake challenge minis...
And then I came up with my spiral dresden, which is heading to New York to live...
My MQG sponsored a dresden swap, and you better believe I was all over that! Here are the dresdens I received in the swap....

And the quilt I created with them...

Whew, that's a lot of dresdens. I thought I'd be moving on to something new in 2018, and then I saw the #tinydresdenparty announced over at Quilty Obsession and I knew I'd be joining in (it starts January 3). Spoiler alert, I've already made 2 tiny dresden for the party..... here we go again!

SaveSave

4 comments:

Ondrea said...

Gorgeous beautiful projects. You are such a clever bunny!

Debbie said...

TINY Dresdans? oh my. You really are hooked!

Maria said...

You created sew many amazing Dresdans this year...
Tiny Dresdans Party 🎉... I'm not looking... have fun....

Connie said...

Your blocks are outstanding . . . so much talent.
Happy New Year!
Connie :)